- Ultracapacitors & supercapacitors are electricity storage devices in small volume at high charge density ( counted per volume or mass). Electrostatic double layer & electrochemical pseudocapacitance are explored in such kind of devices looking for advanced materials with very high specific area and with ability to perform a Faradaic charge transfer via redox reactions at interface electrode-electrolyte ( a well documented “resume” with historical background can be find in en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercapacitor)
- Dr Athanasios Tiliakos invented a new method at 3nano-SAE Res Center. Using Laser Induced graphene (LIG) into a polyimide layer He engraved a very large surface into given “2D volume” by approaching a new phylosophy borowed from the fractal science. The Space-Filling Supercapacitor Carpet (SFSC) architecture is a step ahead where electrical double layer and electrochemical pseudocapacitance are embedded into a fractal geometry.
- A. Tiliakos, A.M.I. Trefilov, E. Tanasӑ, A. Balan, I. Stamatin (2018). Space-Filling Supercapacitor Carpets: Highly Scalable Fractal Architecture for Energy Storage. Journal of Power Sources 384, 145-155. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2018.02.061)
- A. Tiliakos, “Form-factor optimization of energy storage devices”, Nano S&T-2017 – 7thAnnual World Congress of Nano Science and Technology, 24-26 October 2017, Fukuoka, Japan
- A. Tiliakos, C. Ceaus, S.M. Iordache, E. Vasile, I. Stamatin (2016). Morphic Transitions of Nanocarbons via Laser Pyrolysis of Polyimide Films. Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis 121, 275-286. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaap.2016.08.007)
Dr Athanasios Tiliakos has postdoc position in 3Nano-SAE Res Center where got Phd degree with thesis ” NOVEL MATERIAL ARCHITECTURE FOR ELECTROCHEMICAL ENERGY STORAGE” at Doctoral school in Physics, University of Bucharest